Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Coward man


Half dazed and lost in incoherent thoughts I find myself unable to move. It’s just so confusing. What’s suppose to be real and what’s not? The other day I closed my eyes hard, so hard that they would become, probably very soon, part of my brain matter. Can’t underestimate the power of eyes’ closing, you might end up finding yourself in that place where the giant squirrel steels your food and your water. We all have our personal hell.

But then, there he was, the Coward man, I found him sitting right next to me smiling at the sky. And, later on, as he walked down the street, he was still looking up all the way, he walked without bumping into nothing or anyone. I thought I should take a picture of him, and so I did, but then, when I looked for his image in all the pictures I took that day, I wasn’t able to find him. Was he just in my mind? A lot of things already are just in my mind. I gave up on finding him soon enough.

But then, the day after, I imitated his actions, and walked looking only up, at the bright blue summer sky. Such an intense feeling, my chest was swelling with excitement and the sun seemed to not burn my eyes enough for me to turn my gaze away. And so, I walked like the Coward man the entire day and, after that, I slept a whole night full of dreams, where I was running with no direction in a bright blue space.

And finally, when I least expected it, his face appeared on top of mine. “Bright blue eyes” I thought while he shook me back to consciousness. This damn summer heat made me faint in the middle of the street with my eyes open. So people do dream when they are awake, that’s not weird. And a few seconds seemed like a few days, but they were lived very vividly right? So, time and space don't fight too hard with each other. There's no need really.

This is fictional, but I like to see all these words together and the little story they tell.


Written by: Snow White

(Image by James Jean, Cover of fables with Snow White and Big Bad Wolf)

1 comments:

Angelus said...

Fictional?
Sounded very real to me.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails