Thursday, July 1, 2010

HAL 9000



Quotes from HAL (2001: A Space Odyssey)


§ “I am completely operational, and all my circuits are functioning perfectly.

§ I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

§ Just what do you think you're doing, Dave? Dave, I really think I'm entitled to an answer to that question.

§ I know everything hasn't been quite right with me, but I can assure you now, very confidently, that it's going to be all right again. I feel much better now. I really do.

§ [After killing the rest of the crew] Look, Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill and think things over. I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.”

What’s not to love about HAL?


Que bom… Julho a começar, e eu sem escrever nada de jeito ultimamente. Anseio é cada vez mais pela Robot Generation… Os anos 60 enganaram-nos! Fizeram-nos crer que por esta altura já andaríamos a fazer surf em Marte, mas nãaao, em vez disso, estou para aqui sentada no sofá em frente a um pc que nem sequer é à prova de água. E pensava eu, quando andava na primária, que por esta altura iria ter o namorado perfeito (completamente robótico claro) e que a lua estaria transformada numa prisão para os criminosos mais perigosos do mundo (tipo uma versão extrema do Escape from New York do John Carpenter). Ilusões infantis estas. Agora vou é ter de levantar o meu sweet ass e sair para ver se o mês de Julho me trás alguma inspiração.


The man, " Snake Plissken"




Quotes from "Escape from New York":


“Girl in "Chock Full O'Nuts": You're a cop!
Snake Plissken: I'm an asshole...

Hehe, call him "Snake" (except you, Bob Hauk), he oozes awesomeness.

“Bob Hauk: It's the survival of the human race, Plissken. Something you don't give a shit about.


Argh, love it.

Fica aqui o trailer para quem nunca viu o filme.


2 comments:

Drake said...

Lol Hal rocks ^^ muito bom relembrar isto e quanto ao snake tenho de ver -.-

_GoDsHanD_ said...

The Thing!! Grande Filme!!

quanto ao teu desejo de Robot Generation, é melhor olhares para fora da janela porque nós estamos lá.
Telemoveis? Computadores Portateis? Jogos Online?
O truque aqui é que nós não estamos a receber um boom instantaneo de tecnologia. Nós estamos a receber esse boom lentamente.

Mas queres ver um filme assustador a nivel de pensares no teu futuro? Vê o Collapse (documentario)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails