Thursday, November 25, 2010

You Can't Always Go Home

Scribbled and scratching
Half finished pages at dawn
People that live here are wondering
Where all their strengths gone.
Moments of splendor
Wind up like ashes in rain,
One look you're smiling,
Another your face is in pain.
I wake up at night
With the sweat on my head.
A look in your eyes
That will haunt me 'til dead.
I just can't seem to shake it
Something about what you said;
How love's like an orphan,
A motherless child gone unfed.
So we laugh with the joker,
Hold back the tears 'til they're gone.
Drink and be merry
They'll find us all dead men at dawn.
We're so far away
From wherever we came.
That sometimes
I wonder we'll see it again
It's true, what they say
You can't always go home
You can't always be warm inside.
That in love we're like orphans,
Strangers in paradise

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pois... Pois... Postas assim coisas do sr. Terry Moore e depois admiras-te que eu apareça sem ser convidado xD
E logo este pequeno texto de Strangers in Paradise. Damn... já tentei decorá-lo... mas infelizmente a minha godlfish memory não mo permite xD
Já me está a dar vontade de voltar a reler outra vez tudo, hehe ;)
Sabes que já atingiste o máximo dos cool points, não sabes? Por isso, depois disto, já te podes dar ao luxo de perder alguns, que eu olho pro lado e não conto ^__^

CatPrince =)*

Snow said...

Aww, só com o Terry Moore rebentei com a escala? wiii.

Um outro texto que adoro é o "All of My Life”, identifico-me com ele (principalmente ultimamente).

:)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails